Saturday, January 23, 2010

Run-Ins

I have several characters in the novels that I write who decide to butt in on normal every day activities. It's especially bad when your friends know about your characters and are writers themselves - they only add to the situation.

An example of this would be my character Rowan Cordone, an FBI Profiler/Agent. She's only a side character, but she's one of those characters that seem to write themselves. There are times when I'll look at something a person or someone on TV did and think "that was a very Rowan thing to do."

Or, have you ever practically run into your characters on the street? Either by looks or personality? I've done that several times.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this happens to me some times. Once, my friend kept doing things that resembled my character Cassandra. It worried me a bit, because I kept expecting her to do other things my character would do, such as punching the people who were bothering her. XD

    ReplyDelete